Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 121

Ava extubated (pulled her tube out) herself TWICE today. Once early this morning, the other time at 3:15 this afternoon. The nurse this afternoon was not nice to me and when I asked her over the phone if I could hold Ava, she shouted "NO!" at me twice. None of these nurses know her and I haven't been able to hold her in TWO days. Tomorrow she is going to have her primary nurse again, so if she comes out of the "surgery" fine, I should be able to hold her (I hope).

Her blood gas was 61 and she was in O2 anywhere from 67% to 80%. Tonight she was on 80%.

She will have her "surgery" (putting a camera down her throat, by her vocal cords and in her lungs to see if there is anything wrong) tomorrow at 7:30am. I will let you all know asap how it went. They may make a firm decision based on what they discover in her throat and lungs, on what to do next with Ava.

Praying for the "surgery" to go smoothly, not find anything wrong with Ava and to make a decision on moving forward...

1 comment:

  1. Ann, I have been checking in every day since Ava's Grandmother told me about her. I am a client of hers, and I have had a trach for 25 years. It is not so bad and it made my life so much easyer. I hope you don't get too upset if she has to get one. It might be for a little while and it looks like she doesn't want that tube in her mouth anymore. I think and pray for her everyday.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete